Packeta Group, the parent company of Zásilkovna, is changing its ownership. A consortium of investors will become the new owners in 2024 #pressrelease
The shareholders of Packeta Group, owner of Czech technology and logistics company Zásilkovna, have agreed to sell a 100% stake in Packeta Group to a consortium of CVC Capital Partners and Emma Capital; with capital support from R2G. The transaction is subject to approval from relevant regulatory authorities and its completion is expected in the first half of 2024. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Packeta Group has been profitable for a long time and is expected to reach a turnover of 296 million EUR this year.
“Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to more than 2 000 colleagues for their contributions to Packeta, which is now one of the leading European platforms for parcel delivery in the e-commerce industry. Without their efforts and abilities, Packeta would not be where it is today. For that, I sincerely thank every single one of them. Furthermore, my gratitude also belongs to our clients—online shops who entrusted us with their parcels. Together, over the past decade, we have significantly contributed to the substantial growth of modern e-commerce in Central Europe. I believe that the new investors, who have demonstrated great knowledge and experience in the last-mile delivery sector, will help Packeta Group grow even further and enhance the level of services provided to our customers and clients, as well as ensure thorough job satisfaction to our excellent employees. I would also like to thank our advisors and the management team for their assistance and support with this very challenging, international, and varied project. Last but not least, I thank all shareholders who helped me manage the company for many years and have been incredibly supportive, especially during the recent years,” commented Simona Kijonková, Founder & CEO of Packeta, and representative of JSK Investments, the largest shareholder of Packeta Group.
The transaction process began in the spring of 2023 and was led by financial advisors CORPIN (representing JSK Investments) and IMAP REDBAENK (representing the remaining shareholders). Legal advisors included HAVEL & PARTNERS (representing JSK Investments), HLADKY.LEGAL, and Axialis Legal (representing the remaining shareholders). Vendor Due Diligence services were provided by CMS Cameron McKenna Nabaro Olswang, Ernst & Young, and Boston Consulting Group.
Search for a suitable investor for Packeta Group was going on throughout most of 2023 and resulted in a significant number of bids from various financial and strategic investors, with severe interest from major international groups.
Zásilkovna, the Czech entity of Packeta Group, was established in 2010 by Simona Kijonková. Since then, the company expanded across seven European markets and currently employs over 2 000 people. Packeta has a network of more than 15 000 company pick-up points, including 6 000 automated self-service delivery lockers—Z-BOXes. Since its inception, the company has achieved several important milestones and earned numerous prestigious awards.
- In February 2018, Packeta Holding was established.
- In May 2019, the first robotic pick-up point Z-BOT was opened and the revolutionary “Between Us” service for C2C shipping was launched.
- In November 2019, Zásilkovna won first place in a local prestigious contest called Křištálová lupa awards in the E-commerce Inspiration category.
- In December 2019, Packeta acquired courier service Zavezu.cz.
- In January 2020, Packeta mobile app reached 1 000 000 downloads and continued to grow to more than
8 000 000 downloads as of today.
- In February 2021, Zásilkovna received the Czech Superbrands award and has held it for 3 consecutive years.
- In May 2020, Zásilkovna won the ZONKY INNOVATION AWARD.
- In June 2020, Packeta received the BEST MANAGED COMPANIES award for the first time.
- In September 2020, Packeta launched Z-BOX delivery.
- In October 2020, Zásilkovna ranked among the TOP 10 best employers in the Czech Republic.
- In October 2021, Packeta introduced the first PackMan—the one-of-a-kind parcel sorting robot.
- In February 2022, Zásilkovna won first place in the TOP Employers awards in the Transport and Logistics category.
- In March 2022, the Simona Kijonkova Foundation was established.
- In June 2022, Packeta launched Minute delivery in Slovakia.
- In October 2022, Packeta launched the shipping via Z-BOXes project.
- In March 2023, Zásilkovna ranked among the 3 most popular Czech brands.
- In November 2023, Zásilkovna won the Most Trustworthy Brand award for the second time.
- In December 2023, Packeta Group reached a record volume of parcels processed and transported in a single day.