Black Friday Will Be in Romania on 12 November
Black Friday, or “The Biggest Sale Day of the Year”, is probably the most anticipated annual event in Romania. Now in its eleventh year, the country’s shopping enthusiasts can get their desired products at significantly lower prices than at other times of the year.
In recent years, it became a tradition in Romania to start Black Friday earlier than the official date, which is held in other countries (the last Friday of the month). It will be no different now. This year’s Romanian Black Friday will take place on 12 November.
Get the Most Out of Romanian Black Friday
If you want to successfully take advantage of the potential that the Romanian market offers during Black Friday, it’s time to start preparing. Maximise your sales by planning. Plan your product selection, marketing campaigns, prepare your website for increased traffic, ensure inventory and fast shipping of orders.
Tips on How to Prepare Your E-Shop for Black Friday
- Product Selection – Negotiate with suppliers. Select the products that will be used for the Black Friday campaign and choose the level of discounts for these products.
- Create a Special Landing Page – Create a landing page focused exclusively on the Black Friday campaign. It should include a complete catalogue with all the information about the discounted products.
- Replenishment and Logistics – Prepare a plan with estimated quantities of discounted products and adjust stock levels and logistics solutions accordingly. Your customers will appreciate immediate product availability and fast shipping.
- Offer Different Delivery Methods – Give your customers a choice of different delivery methods. For fast delivery, choose a reliable shipping company such as Packeta to deliver parcels to your customers in Romania directly to their address, to pick-up points and to self-service boxes.
- Strengthening Customer Service – The shopping process doesn’t always run smoothly. It doesn’t end when the goods are sent to the customer. You still have to take into account possible complaints or returns. Therefore, be sure to strengthen your customer service so you can resolve any complications.
- Page Load Speed Optimization – Make sure your e-shop is ready for increased traffic.
- Adjusting Website Views – In 2020, there was a slight percentage increase in purchases made from mobile phones, up to 65.6%, while purchases made via desktop computers dropped to 34.4%. Therefore, adjust your website display so that it appears the same on mobile devices and tablets as it does on a desktop.
- Strategy Alignment – Align your social media marketing strategy, email strategy and overall online communications with your sales strategy.
- Competitor Analysis – Check your search engine rankings and also have a look at your competitors.
How Was Black Friday in Romania in 2020?
According to representatives of eMAG (Romania’s largest marketplace), 2020 broke all the previous records that have been achieved since the introduction of the Black Friday concept in Romania.
In a single day, eMAG recorded 12.4 million visitors (1.6 million more than in 2019), the value of ordered products reached 585.7 million lei (€120 million), which is 17% more than in 2019.
The Best-Selling Black Friday 2020 Product Categories on eMag:
Home Accessories – 271,000 products sold
Personal Care – 197,000 products sold
Appliances – 106,000 products sold
Toys – 90,000 products sold
TVs – 66,000 products sold
Beverages and coffee – 66 000 products sold
Refrigerators – 35 000 products sold