Parcel sharing: New exciting feature in our app
As a reaction to common customer feedback, we added the option to share one’s parcel with any other user in Packeta mobile app. It´s now available to all iOS and Android phones and enables parcel pick-up at Packeta pick-up points as well as our contactless Z-BOXes.
The highly anticipated feature of parcel sharing just went live in Packeta mobile app 📲👏 This service allows app users to have their parcels picked up by somebody else when they can´t or don´t have the time to do so themselves.
Have you ever been in a situation where the parcel you´ve been waiting for finally arrived and you were not able to pick it up? Well, now you can, even if it was delivered to a Z-BOX! All it takes is sharing the parcel data in our app with the person you choose to pick up the parcel for you. The parcel information will then be synced with that user’s phone, including the tracking number and the password for pick-up.
A quick step-by-step how-to
📦 IF YOU WANT TO SHARE A PARCEL WITH SOMEBODY
After you receive a notification that your parcel is ready for pick-up, you can share it with any other user.
- At the parcel you want to share, click on the three dots.
- You will see the option “Share parcel”.
- Select the recipient = the person you want to share the parcel with, and choose how you want to share the parcel details with them (thru WhatsApp, SMS, Messenger, AirDrop, email, etc.).
- The selected user will see the tracking number and the password for pick-up of the parcel you shared with them.
📦 IF YOU WANT TO PICK UP A SHARED PARCEL FOR SOMEONE
- Once the parcel owner shares the parcel with you, you´ll receive a notification with the tracking number and the password for pick-up.
- On the home page in the app, click on the three dots (next to the “Ship a parcel” button).
- The option to “Pick up a shared parcel” will pop up.
- Enter the parcel tracking number and the password for pick-up you received in the notification.
- Click “Confirm” to add the parcel to your Parcels section.
Does the parcel sharing service cost anything?
No, the service is completely free.
When entering the parcel tracking number, should I include the letter Z at the beginning or not?
Both options are possible. The system will accept the tracking number with or without the Z.
Someone shared a parcel that was delivered to a Z-BOX with me. I can see it in my app, but the Z-BOX won’t open. What should I do?
Make sure you are standing at the correct Z-BOX location and have enabled Bluetooth and location services on your phone. That is the only way the Z-BOX will pair with your phone properly. For more info, see our tips on How to pick up a parcel from a Z-BOX.