Let´s talk PICK-UP POINTS | Eduseries episode 1
We´ve prepared a three-episode educational series for anyone who would like to get to know Packeta a little bit better or explore our products and services a step further.
Let´s start with a bit of history
Our first pick-up point was opened back in 2010 in the Czech Republic. Since then, we expanded our company pick-up points into 4 international entites and grown our network of partner pick-up points across 23 states. Currently, our pick-up point network counts almost 140 000 locations. Interested in seeing where can you find them?
The most customer-friendly delivery solution 📍
Introducing pick-up point delivery sparked an unexpected revolution. A couple of years ago, nobody would have imagined that picking up a parcel at your local coffee shop or in a small home decor studio would become a trend that´s preferred by 98% of customers. And yet, here we are. Now, the network of partner pick-up points spreads all around Europe and even beyond.
Pick-up points provide our customers with freedom and true convenience. Customers can choose whichever location suits them or their current situation the best—their parcels can be delivered to a pick-up point near their home, close to their workplace, or for example somewhere they like to stop by on their way back from school or work.
Options and services at pick-up points
Pick-up point delivery is our most popular delivery solution. It´s fast, effortless, and unexpectedly simple. The entire process is paperless, everything is sorted through our app. However, pick-up points serve for much more than just parcel pick-up! 😎
It would be quite challenging to find someone more knowledgeable about pick-up points than Packeta. Most of our pick-up points serve also as drop-off points because we aim to bring our customers simplicity and convenience. Our company pick-up points are based on local partnerships with small businesses. Customers can therefore pick up their parcels at their favorite coffee shop, flower shop, grocery store, even in a shop at the mall—it depends purely on their preference. They can choose from over 5 000 locations in Czechia, from around 1 200 in Slovakia and almost exactly the same in Hungary, or select one from 1 000 locations in Romania.
How exactly does it work
When visiting our pick-up points, there is absolutely no need to worry about the service process, wonder where to go, etc.
Picking up a parcel has never been so easy. All it takes are 4 simple steps:
- When making a purchase online, select the pick-up point location that suits you best.
- Wait for our notification that your parcel´s arrived.
- Head to the pick-up point and show the clerk the password for parcel pick-up you´ve received via text, email, and can also view in Packeta mobile app.
- That´s it! Enjoy your parcel 🙂
Company pick-up points, as well as some from our partner network, serve also as drop-off points. So when small online shops ship their orders or when a customer wants to ship some goods via our C2C solution through Packeta mobile app, this is where they go. Everything is clear and simple 🙂
When shipping via C2C (our revolutionary #BetweenUs service):
- Create a shipping order in Packeta mobile app. You´ll need the recipient´s name, phone number, and email address. You´ll also need the name or address of the delivery point (meaning pick-up point or Z-BOX) they want the parcel delivered to. You can also have it shipped to their home through our Home Delivery service. After you create the shipping order, the app will spit out a password.
- Pack your parcel carefully. Our recommendation is to wrap the item in some bubble wrap and place it in a cardboard box—you can reuse any boxes you have at home. Do not use small envelopes or tubes.
- Head to a pick-up/drop-off point with the parcel.
- Share the password for shipping with the clerk at the drop-off location. They will type it into our system and generate a label. Then, when our courier comes for daily parcel collection, your parcel will be on its way.
- Both you and the person you are shipping to will see the parcel´s journey in our app. The recipient will be notified when the parcel arrives.
- That´s it!
If your parcel was delivered by Packeta, you can return it just as easily as you picked it up. Simple parcel returns are a staple in our service portfolio.
If you need to return your parcel and the online shop you ordered from has an open returns policy, all you need to do is request a return code from the online shop, wrap your parcel appropriately, and bring it to any Packeta pick-up point. Some large online shops even include a return label directly in the parcel contents to make things even easier for their customers.
Our pick-up point staff will then scan the label or type the return code into our system to generate a label and that´s it! Nothing else for you to worry about 🕺
Thanks to the partnerships with local small businesses that our network of company pick-up points is based on, clients can have their parcels delivered to a location of their choice. For example, if you have your favorite bakery on the corner, imagine also being able to pick up your parcel there! Along with your morning croissant.
There are so many options and locations to choose from that every customer should be able to select one that´s suitable and convenient for them. Because making our customers´ lives easier is what we do 😉
Keeping parcel delivery green 🌿
Quick, simple, and convenient parcel pick-up and drop-off is not everything that´s great about Packeta pick-up points. This product is also sustainable. How? The entire process of picking up a parcel or shipping one is completely paperless. A simple click in our app is all that´s needed. It has never been so easy.
Plus, our couriers have their routes carefully planned through our system of strategic route-mapping. Thanks to collective transport, our carbon footprint is lower and drivers deliver or collect parcels from/to designated pick-up points more effectively.
Another important factor for us when talking sustainability is reusing materials to create less waste. We created custom storage and transport parcels, which we call masterparcels, that have a much longer lifespan that a regular cardboard box thanks to an impregnation layer. These boxes are used for parcel sorting and storing at depots or pick-up points and are reused again and again until they, quite precisely, fall apart ♻️
You can read more about our mission and journey toward sustainability here.